Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theemeraldrain

A Pokemon forum to test your skils, trade rare Pokemon and make new friends!Have fun!!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Pokemon of the week!
POTW: Groudon 461weavile Click here to view
Latest topics
» POTW: Weavile
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm by aryan aussie

» anyone have a lv 100 event arceus (trade shaymin )
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 am by piemelike

» The search for the Legends
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am by starfox418

» 14th movie dual Trailer
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 am by Nape4

» Trading Pokemon
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm by Luckyjack1

» Riolu Giveaway
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm by Luckyjack1

» The god pokemon Arceus
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:54 pm by Luckyjack1

» The hunt for The Sinnoh Legends
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 am by Luckyjack1

» pokemon with right natures and moves
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 am by Frrrlagator

» Forum moved
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am by TheCreator

» need a few pokemon
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am by Frrrlagator

» Spiritomb giveaway
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am by Frrrlagator

» LF: Jolly Female Scyther
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 am by Frrrlagator

» Pokemon Im trading
POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am by Frrrlagator

Top posters
dedebird (1003)
POTW: Groudon I_vote_lcapPOTW: Groudon I_voting_barPOTW: Groudon I_vote_rcap 
iLiAs9 (801)
Fallen Destiny (616)
pokelover (574)
Akis1988 (425)
dexterarm (397)
pokemonmaster764 (394)
pdog1013 (390)
pikachu7 (335)
Azure (333)

POTW: Groudon

Go down 
+2
Skochko
Fallen Destiny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

TER Credits : 1900

POTW: Groudon Empty
PostSubject: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:58 pm

GROUDON

POTW: Groudon 383groudon

1. Groudon@Leftovers/Life Orb
Adamant| Drought
112 HP, 252 Atk, 136 spe, 8 Def
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Rock Polish
~Swords Dance

Overview: This groudon is mainly based on setting up, much like sand abuser gliscor in OU. Rock polish takes it's speed up till a massive 500, enough to outspeed not max speed Scarf Garchomp, and Swords Dance takes it's attack to roughly 642, which is enough to OHKO most pokemon. Stone edge provides an OHKO for pokemon like Rayquaza, Ho-oh and 2HKOs Lugia. The only threat to this set is skarmory, which walls this set unless Overheat/Fire Blast is put in place of Stone Edge.

Groudon@Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
Impish|Drought
~Toxic/Thunderwave
~Rest
~Earthquake/Stone Ed
ge
~Roar

Overview: Groudon's abilites to work as a physical tank/support are exploited in this set. This set completely walls garchomp and can stall it out with toxic along with doing additional damage with Earthquake/Stone Edge. It can also Thunder Wave or Toxic Kyogre if it's expecting a switch. This set can also break pokemon like dialga, which are immune to toxic, by using Earthquake/Stone Edge. This set also brings out walls and can use toxic/thunderwave to cripple them and switch out. This is an ideal scizor counter, since it can cripple it with thunderwave, allowing it to only attack first with bullet punch and slowly taking out damage with Earthquake/Stone Edge. Groudon Acts as an extremely useful wall.

3. Groudon@Life Orb
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Def
~Substitute/Thunderwave
~Swords Dance
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch/Dragon Claw/Stone Edge

Overview: This set can work either way. Either it can setup sub and dance on it and then sweep, or first cripple the opponent's speed with thunderwave and setup Swords Dance and then sweep. The 252 HP EVs guarantee it a 3HKO from lati@s's surf, if it lacks grass knot.Also, it can OHKO both with dragon claw. This set survives Outrage from rayquaza, while crippling it with thunderwave and then OHKOing with Dragon Claw/Stone Edge. Since most pokemon are not immune to thunderwave, this set works very nicely. This set is also the ideal wobbufett/wynaut counter. It can sub on the counter and setup SDs, and then sweep. Overall, it is an extremely lethal sweeper.

Counters:
It's main counters namely are skarmory (to groudons which lack fire moves). Skarmory can remove groudon from the battlefield if it gets many SDs up. Another counter is kyogre. Specs kyogre can OHKO with 0 HP Ice Beam. +2 Rayquaza/Garchomp OHKO with Outrage. Two of it's main counters are latios and latias, which can easily OHKO groudon with grass knot and 2HKO with specs Surf/Dragon Pulse. Giratina is also a threat with Will-o-wisp, which can cripple groudon's attack a great deal. A pseudo-counter to groudon is darkrai, who can setup CM on dark void and deal some damage at the same time. Lugia can also counter stone edge groudon. It's pressure ability cuts Stone Edge's PP to a measly 4, while it can outstall it with roost and hit back/stall with toxic. Cresselia can also easily wall groudon. It's good defence stat and HP can stall out groudon with toxic/ hit with grass knot. However the rest version of groudon can beat cresselia (the ones which lack grass knot and ice beam), but it's not very likely.

Team Options:
Groudon, like all sweepers and offeensive pokemon, loves entry hazard support, especially spikes and stalth rock, so a main lead for entry hazards is Deoxys. These can cripple pokemon like shaymin-s, garchomp to make the coast clear for groudon to OHKO. There are a few walls which are considered a threat to groudon: Giratina, which will look to will-o-wisp you, to cripple attack, Lugia (doesn't wall ones with stone edge), and skarmory ( doesn't wall if fire moves are included.) So MixQuaza or MixChomp are good options to support groudon in crushing these walls. Kyogre can also help well with groudon, absorbing water moves coming towards groudon and hitting back hard.
Back to top Go down
Skochko
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Skochko

TER Credits : 397

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Is this your set or Serebii's?
Back to top Go down
http://www.monakuskarion.com/
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Excuse me, skoch. I made all on my own.
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

TER Credits : 2913

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:39 pm

lol rakiou ur so smart about this kind of stuff i'm glad u got the job n.n
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Ehh, thanks Razz
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:13 am

no thx to u for takin the job!
Back to top Go down
Azure
Administration
Administration
Azure

TER Credits : 1046

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:36 am

Hmhm, I agree with Dede.
Good job with arranging the sets! I might as well try one out soon, as they look useful. n_n
Back to top Go down
UltimateSalamence
Wartortle
Wartortle
UltimateSalamence

TER Credits : 1126

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:28 am

Wow we finnaly have a new POTW and nice sets but its just me but wouldnt Solarbeam be good in a set due to drought
Back to top Go down
http://Watchpokemonepisoes.com
Azure
Administration
Administration
Azure

TER Credits : 1046

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:43 am

Hmm, seeing as Solarbeam does power up with heavy sunlight, I think Salamence is right. But then, how about a good double battle combo with Groudon and a good Sp. Atk + Solarbeam @ Life Orb grass type such as Roserade? But then, it would take some time to power up, no? But does the power make up for the time taken as well as the PP?

I'm not very good at plotting strategies, in fact, so pardon me if I may be wrong and feel free to correct me n.n'.
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:53 am

haha i'm not either i trust wat ever raikou says
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:07 pm

UltimateSalamence wrote:
Wow we finnaly have a new POTW and nice sets but its just me but wouldnt Solarbeam be good in a set due to drought

Yes, but groudon's special attack isn't all that great. Also, i have only posted physical sets here, which is why.
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:36 pm

hmmmm yes i see that now
Back to top Go down
Skochko
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Skochko

TER Credits : 397

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Groudon doesnt make a good use of Solarbeam. Besides, if someone catches you doing it, he/she can switch in Kyogre, summon rain, and make your Solarbeams pathetic...

Thats the difference between Kyogre and Groudon. Kyogre gets its STAB moves powered up by rain and 100% accuracy Thunders, which are going well with its gigantic special attack.

Groudon also has good moves that are good for sunlight, but they are all special (Solarbeam, Fire Blast, Eruption, etc)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.monakuskarion.com/
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Right.
Back to top Go down
Marioking
Magikarp
Magikarp

TER Credits : 162

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Solarbeam is pathetic on Groundon yes. Roserade would be a pathetic option to co-exist with groudon in double battles. I would personally use Shaymin-S because I am in love with it but that is of no use because seed flare is so much better
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Roserade is not in good synergy with groudon yes, nor is shaymin, but they could work in doubles. Also, imma lock this. Please don't post here now, admin/mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POTW: Groudon   POTW: Groudon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POTW: Groudon
Page 1 of 1