Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theemeraldrain

A Pokemon forum to test your skils, trade rare Pokemon and make new friends!Have fun!!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Pokemon of the week!
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School 461weavile Click here to view
Latest topics
» POTW: Weavile
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm by aryan aussie

» anyone have a lv 100 event arceus (trade shaymin )
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 am by piemelike

» The search for the Legends
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am by starfox418

» 14th movie dual Trailer
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 am by Nape4

» Trading Pokemon
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm by Luckyjack1

» Riolu Giveaway
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm by Luckyjack1

» The god pokemon Arceus
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:54 pm by Luckyjack1

» The hunt for The Sinnoh Legends
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 am by Luckyjack1

» pokemon with right natures and moves
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 am by Frrrlagator

» Forum moved
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am by TheCreator

» need a few pokemon
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am by Frrrlagator

» Spiritomb giveaway
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am by Frrrlagator

» LF: Jolly Female Scyther
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 am by Frrrlagator

» Pokemon Im trading
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am by Frrrlagator

Top posters
dedebird (1003)
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_vote_lcapPokemon Old School Vs. New School I_voting_barPokemon Old School Vs. New School I_vote_rcap 
iLiAs9 (801)
Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_vote_lcapPokemon Old School Vs. New School I_voting_barPokemon Old School Vs. New School I_vote_rcap 
Fallen Destiny (616)
pokelover (574)
Akis1988 (425)
dexterarm (397)
pokemonmaster764 (394)
pdog1013 (390)
pikachu7 (335)
Azure (333)

Pokemon Old School Vs. New School

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oldschoolpokemonfan
Pokemon Egg
Pokemon Egg

TER Credits : 28

Pokemon Old School Vs. New School Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Old School Vs. New School   Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:34 am

Well lets get into it. Plain and simple. I only have enjoyed the original pokemon series and games, even the cards.

There was once 150 pokemon it was great, then it grew which was okay, now it is huge i am cant stand it.

Out of curiosity, if nintendo created a game. Pokemon old school vs new school where they had two or three games. One which has pokemon seasons 1-4 and then another with seasons 5-9 and if they needed to a third would you get it? Would you purchase that type of game?

I feel they would make tons of money from the old pokemon lovers and the same crowd from the people now. It could even create some rivalry. Old vs. New. And it would be a fun thing to have.

I mean if there was the old school pokemon game with these graphics this would be sweet.

Whats you opinion?

Also state you stance, are you a fan of old new very new or all?

Are for or not for the game and reincarnation of "Pokemon the begining and Last Stand"?
Back to top Go down
Variant
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Variant

TER Credits : 236

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Old School Vs. New School   Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 am

Actually, with the release of newer and newer Pokemon, I feel that the games really got nothing short of better. It's odd for a video game series to continue to thrive after its heyday, and in fact, Pokemon has been getting increasingly more and more popular.
If they had made a game simply as a remake of the older games, say, Kanto all over again, many people will say that they're simply money-grubbing leeches and will cry at the lack of support for other games in that generation. I consider the remakes to be the "true originals", the way the games were supposed to be in the first place.
Don't get me wrong, the original games were excellent, but I personally think (I can't speak for everybody) that the games have gotten better than the beginning.
In terms of stance, I'm a fan of all of them. To be honest, though, it's not that big, it's only 493 Pokemon, and with more time comes bigger and better inventions, so it's no wonder that the games only get revised and improved.
The game you propose, "Pokemon: The Beginning and Last Stand," definitely does not appeal to me, but hey, who knows, maybe somebody can make a hack based solely off of the original.

At any rate, thank you for joining the forum! I hope to see you around the chatbox. Wink
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

TER Credits : 2913

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Old School Vs. New School   Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:46 pm

n.n first of all hi there! ok well my thoughts on this is somewat like variant's view except i think there are more pokemon wat 500+ but i think the more the merrier! and if you think about it you're sayin 150 pokemon was the best number and its not cool to have 500+ but if you think about it ur being lazy! cause u don't want to catch all of them i think the new ones are really cool too i love how they did a remake of s/g but the only reson i got it is cause of better graphics and also i now have two wifi games for pokemon that is. and about makin remakes i like when they do it sometimes but if they just make remakes i would get tired of it! i think they need to make more pokemon and new regions and new ppl and more friends and more gym leaders and rivels and... u get the idea! i think the new ones r awsome and i'm VERY glad pokemon are still very popular!
Back to top Go down
oldschoolpokemonfan
Pokemon Egg
Pokemon Egg

TER Credits : 28

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Old School Vs. New School   Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks for comments and replies

Well you all have a valid point and you have helped me alot, but how about this. Wouldnt it be sweet if the game started from the begining of it all and kept going to where it is now.

So in essence more gym battles more pokemon more fun. Or they could have more than one game, have one game where it starts from begining, then another in later part of series and another and so forth.

Then with all the graphics being the same and high tech, then we could truly go through the journey and catch em all

I mean they dont have to release the old games over and over with better graphics, but lets face it the graphics back then and now are much more improved. Woudnt be nice to go through the entire journey with overall good graphics and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Variant
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Variant

TER Credits : 236

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Old School Vs. New School   Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Dedebird, not counting form shifts, there are 493 Pokemon. Just saying.

Yes, actually, that would be a pretty cool idea, except that it could never happen because they add on more and more generations. Maybe when they die down a lot then they would re-do it.
In theory, yes, it would be fun. In practice, not really.

Also, beating Kanto would be hard, Johto too maybe, but at Hoenn and Sinnoh you'd have incredibly strong Pokemon that can wipe the entire game in about two seconds. Pooling all of the games into one would potentially prove to be fatal.

I'd like to see a Pokemon Red with improved graphics but the glitches intact, though. I loved catching glitches. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Old School Vs. New School   Pokemon Old School Vs. New School I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Old School Vs. New School
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Theemeraldrain :: Pokemon :: Pokemon News-
Jump to: