Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theemeraldrain

A Pokemon forum to test your skils, trade rare Pokemon and make new friends!Have fun!!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Pokemon of the week!
POTW: Electivire 461weavile Click here to view
Latest topics
» POTW: Weavile
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm by aryan aussie

» anyone have a lv 100 event arceus (trade shaymin )
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 am by piemelike

» The search for the Legends
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am by starfox418

» 14th movie dual Trailer
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 am by Nape4

» Trading Pokemon
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm by Luckyjack1

» Riolu Giveaway
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm by Luckyjack1

» The god pokemon Arceus
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:54 pm by Luckyjack1

» The hunt for The Sinnoh Legends
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 am by Luckyjack1

» pokemon with right natures and moves
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 am by Frrrlagator

» Forum moved
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am by TheCreator

» need a few pokemon
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am by Frrrlagator

» Spiritomb giveaway
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am by Frrrlagator

» LF: Jolly Female Scyther
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 am by Frrrlagator

» Pokemon Im trading
POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am by Frrrlagator

Top posters
dedebird (1003)
POTW: Electivire I_vote_lcapPOTW: Electivire I_voting_barPOTW: Electivire I_vote_rcap 
iLiAs9 (801)
POTW: Electivire I_vote_lcapPOTW: Electivire I_voting_barPOTW: Electivire I_vote_rcap 
Fallen Destiny (616)
pokelover (574)
Akis1988 (425)
dexterarm (397)
pokemonmaster764 (394)
pdog1013 (390)
pikachu7 (335)
Azure (333)

POTW: Electivire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

TER Credits : 1900

POTW: Electivire Empty
PostSubject: POTW: Electivire   POTW: Electivire I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:00 pm

POTW: Electivire 466electivire

ELECTIVIRE

1. Electivire@Expert belt
Jolly|Motor Drive
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
~Earthquake
~Thunderpunch
~Cross Chop
~Ice Punch

Overview: This moveset is the standard electivire. This is purely physical, exploiting its physical capabilites. Earthquake is capable of OHKOing heatran and 2HKOing tyranitar. Cross chop has a chance to OHKO 0HP tyranitar. Thunderpunch is chosen over thunderbolt here solely because it is a physical threat. Earthquake can 2HKO a metagross. Cross Chop has an excellent chance to OHKO blissey, if not then 2HKO. Blissey is not a threat to this set. Thunderpunch can also 2HKO skarmory. Ice punch provides excellent coverage, 2HKOing latias, OHKOing salamence. Swampert is a big threat to this set, surviving all its moves and OHKOing back with earthquake.

2. Electivire@Life Orb
Naive|Motor Drive
128 Atk, 128 SpA, 252 Spe
~Thunderbolt
~Flamethrower
~Cross Chop
~Earthquake/Hidden Power
[Grass/Ice]

Overview: If hidden power ice is not chosen, this set has a big problem with dragon types. This set is meant to be a mixed sweeper, which can OHKO skarmory, but has more chance of a 2HKO. Cross Chop has an excellent chance to OHKO blissey, if not then 2HKO. Blissey is not a threat to this set either. Thunderbolt is chosen over thunderpunch because it is stronger in base power and also because this set is mixed. Hidden Power grass can 2HKO swampert, sometimes OHKO, pseudo-solving the swampert counter to electivire sets. Cross chop can OHKO heatran, which otherwise OHKOs electivire with earth power. The accuracy of cross chop is risky though. Hidden power ice can 2HKO latias and OHKO threats such as salamence and flygon. Scarf users such as heatran and flygon run amok over this set.

3. Electivre@Expert Belt/Life orb
Jolly|Motor Drive
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
~Meditate
~Thunderpunch
~Ice Punch
~Cross chop

Overview: This electivire is all about setting up and sweeping. Jolly nature gives it the much needed speed boost. After 3-4 meditates, electivire has a good chance to OHKO skarmory with thunderpunch. Blissey is a certain OHKO with +1 Cross Chop. +2 ice punch OHKOs togekiss and latias. Once this electivire gets in +3/+4, nothing except pokemon faster than it can stop it. Zapdos could be a problem, solved by only a +4 Ice punch. The biggest threat to this set is 252 HP, 252 Def swampert, which can roar away electivire. Electivire has a low chance to OHKO swampert even after +6, making swampert the biggest threat to this set.

Team Options:
One of electivire's biggest counters is swampert, which can hurt electivire a great deal, so a celebi is reccomended. It can switch into any of swamperts moves and OHKO back with grass knot/energy ball/leaf storm. Scarfran is also a threat to electivire, in fact both scarfran and scarfgon are threats to electivire. So a levitating pokemon with good defences, like cresselia could be used. Interestingly, almost all flying types can partner electivire, switching to it on an electric move thus raising its speed through motor drive. This gives it a capability to KO the opposing pokemon, or setup on the switch. The most ideal partner to electivire would be gyarados, which draws electric attacks faster than anything else.

Counters:
One of electivire's biggest counters, like all offensive pokemon, is swampert. With its bulk and great defenses, swampert can survive a +6 hit from electivire also and OHKO back with an earthquake of it's own. Scarf users such as heatran and flygon, and the common gengar can also cause electivire problems, especially flygon, since no other move except ice punch can hit it. For a pure phyiscal set, skarmory walls it to death. Thunderpunch takes out 38-40% at the least from skarmory. But the good thing is skarmory can't hit back at electivire. Hippowdon is also a main counter to electivire, not getting OHKOd by a +3 electivire ice punch and OHKOing back with earthquake. Scarf latias can also OHKO electivire, also walling the ones lacking ice punch/HP ice.
Back to top Go down

POTW: Electivire
Page 1 of 1