Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Theemeraldrain

A Pokemon forum to test your skils, trade rare Pokemon and make new friends!Have fun!!!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Pokemon of the week!
Click here to view
Latest topics
» POTW: Weavile
Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm by aryan aussie

» anyone have a lv 100 event arceus (trade shaymin )
Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 am by piemelike

» The search for the Legends
Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am by starfox418

» 14th movie dual Trailer
Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 am by Nape4

» Trading Pokemon
Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm by Luckyjack1

» Riolu Giveaway
Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm by Luckyjack1

» The god pokemon Arceus
Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:54 pm by Luckyjack1

» The hunt for The Sinnoh Legends
Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 am by Luckyjack1

» pokemon with right natures and moves
Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 am by Frrrlagator

» Forum moved
Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am by TheCreator

» need a few pokemon
Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am by Frrrlagator

» Spiritomb giveaway
Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am by Frrrlagator

» LF: Jolly Female Scyther
Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 am by Frrrlagator

» Pokemon Im trading
Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am by Frrrlagator

Top posters
dedebird (1003)

iLiAs9 (801)

Fallen Destiny (616)

pokelover (574)

Akis1988 (425)

dexterarm (397)

pokemonmaster764 (394)

pdog1013 (390)

pikachu7 (335)

Azure (333)

Share | 

Revitalizing the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pdog1013
Administration
Administration

TER Credits : 758

PostSubject: Revitalizing the Forum   Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:30 am

Hello Everyone,

Some of you may remember you, hopefully many of you do not (hopefully we have some new members, lol) I returned here for the first time in a while and was a little saddened by the lack of activity that I saw Sad

I myself am guilty of leaving the forum and not helping it survive and for that I am sorry Sad Most of you know my story and the only reason I can be on right now is because my parents let me on for a little while. I will not be able to spend as much time on the forum as I used to, but I will try to make a regular appearance here. Whoever the current admins are, I think all members should get together and try to get a lot of people back to the forum.

Basically, anyone who reads this, please try and spread news about the forum, when I left the forum was the most prosperous and had the most active members I had ever seen, I would really like to see it return to those levels. Yahoo Answers, and general pokemon chats are good places to try and advertise. Don`t just go there and say `Hey join our forum!` Battle them and get to know them so that they are more inclined to join. That`s how I used to bring in members.

Just keep it in mind, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azure
Administration
Administration

TER Credits : 1046

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:59 am

Amazing to see you back, Pdog! And yes, the forum isn't as active as it had been, but we're getting back up with the help of great members that are able to take out time for the forum. Also, as you said in another post, there has been a lot of spam and people are trying to do a lot for posts, no names to be mentioned.

We all (hopefully) think it's fine that you left, we all have our reasons. I for one am looking forward to seeing this place active again! Hopefully you'll be allowed to come on regularly too. We are trying to rake up more members. We even have a new admin, Raikou, who is active and is helping a lot as well to make the forum active again.

As well as all that, we're trying to get more members (Did I tell you that Dede is a mod for that now? Very Happy), though the idea that you've suggested is good too. I am now going to try and get more members as well while I'm on Yahoo Answers. But of course, we should be able to answer someone's question as well, no? So I'll try to be more informative and bring people here, though it seems like a hard task! Hope to see you around again Pdog!

~ Why is a raven like a writing desk? ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon

TER Credits : 2913

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm

yes i am a mod for this kind of thing and azure >.> how dare u side with raikou about spam u know that is such a stooooopid thing! ok listen spam is like this
new member: hi ppl i don't understand this fourm explain plz

old and experenced member: I LOVE PIE VERY MUCH!

o wait thats not spam is it it's more them 3 words =O o wait YES IT IS THATS IS SPAM AND NOTHIN ELSE!!! a stoopid rule about 3 words or less is dumb because if ur following the thread and u know wat they are talkin about u know wat someone is talking about and if u don't read all the passeges and if ur too lazy to do that dont even say anything about it!

ANYWAAAY! yea i didn't see this when i posted b4 so srry about that xD ya i hope u do try to come on more often and also i've been trying my very best and got some new members to join but not like a huge amount but i'm trying my very best!!! and the mods that are here now are ilias1 and raikou. akis is gonna take like a week or somthing like that off from the army and he says he can come here a little so yay n.n but welcome back so happy old ppl are starting to come back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration

TER Credits : 1900

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Spam can also mean over 3 words but meaningless lol. Anyways, Ohai Pdog. I couldn't get to know you well, i hope to now Smile now, we are trying to get the forum active again in all possible ways, so yeah. Aloha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon

TER Credits : 2913

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:56 pm

thats my point raikou **rolleyes** anyway u haven't really met pdog???? wow were have u been???

Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration

TER Credits : 1900

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:46 pm

I joined this forum a few days before pdog left, and i've only seen him once, on the MK chat.So yeah..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skochko
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur

TER Credits : 397

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:27 pm

This is exactly why TER is never going to progress. Some people support spam (well, free posting in general) without rules and the others support the rules.

Until you get along and decide whats best, TER will just keep dying (dont go raging over what i just said, its just my opinion).

Its nice that Pdog came back, but he wont change much until you stop fighting over something meaningless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.monakuskarion.com/
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration

TER Credits : 1807

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:09 pm

i'll try as much as i can. pdog that means you arent retired now ? u back ''officialy'' ?

Wartortle
Wartortle

TER Credits : 1126

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:44 pm

Oh man atleast a members back..............
This place has been going down apparently for no reason most of our members dont even get on here atleast i think most
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Watchpokemonepisoes.com
Azure
Administration
Administration

TER Credits : 1046

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:28 am

dedebird wrote:
old and experenced member: I LOVE PIE VERY MUCH!

Honestly, Dede, I found that FAR too offensive...
You need to calm down about that, and no one tried to blame you in particular for spamming. The 3 word rule is actually good, and then I agree with Skoch. We are all in favor of spam. Even I'm toning down now. But then, 3 words is actually very short to be spam too. I mean, you don't want people going around posting yes or no: That is definite spam.
Also, when I posted about pie, it was in the APPROPRIATE section, you see? That's why it's called Spamhaven. And Dede, no one wants you to leave, really. Not only because you're one of our most active members, but also because you are a member here as well as our friend. Smile No one is trying to make you feel bad, and in my opinion the others really are right: We are in favor of spam.
Now if you'll all excuse me, I got a little personal there...

Anyways, we were supposed to be celebrating that Pdog stopped by and not arguing about spam... -.-' Not that I believe it's not an important topic, it really is in-fact. But then, yay Pdog xD

~ Why is a raven like a writing desk? ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skochko
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur

TER Credits : 397

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:00 pm

dedebird wrote:
OK YOU KNOW WHAT FINE IF YOU PPL ARE SO STUPID INTO THINKING THAT SOMTHING THREE WORDS AND LESS IS SPAM MABYE I SHOULD JUST LEAVE YA THATS RIGHT I'M GONNA LEAVE AND U ARE GONNA LOSE UR MOST ACTIVE MEMBER!
No comment...
You just ruined Pdog's thread.

Welcome back dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.monakuskarion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revitalizing the Forum   

Back to top Go down

Revitalizing the Forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum