Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theemeraldrain

A Pokemon forum to test your skils, trade rare Pokemon and make new friends!Have fun!!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Pokemon of the week!
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed 461weavile Click here to view
Latest topics
» POTW: Weavile
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm by aryan aussie

» anyone have a lv 100 event arceus (trade shaymin )
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 am by piemelike

» The search for the Legends
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am by starfox418

» 14th movie dual Trailer
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 am by Nape4

» Trading Pokemon
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm by Luckyjack1

» Riolu Giveaway
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm by Luckyjack1

» The god pokemon Arceus
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:54 pm by Luckyjack1

» The hunt for The Sinnoh Legends
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 am by Luckyjack1

» pokemon with right natures and moves
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 am by Frrrlagator

» Forum moved
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am by TheCreator

» need a few pokemon
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am by Frrrlagator

» Spiritomb giveaway
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am by Frrrlagator

» LF: Jolly Female Scyther
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 am by Frrrlagator

» Pokemon Im trading
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am by Frrrlagator

Top posters
dedebird (1003)
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_vote_lcapEnglish HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_voting_barEnglish HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_vote_rcap 
iLiAs9 (801)
English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_vote_lcapEnglish HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_voting_barEnglish HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_vote_rcap 
Fallen Destiny (616)
pokelover (574)
Akis1988 (425)
dexterarm (397)
pokemonmaster764 (394)
pdog1013 (390)
pikachu7 (335)
Azure (333)

English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed

Go down 
+5
Walshy97
dedebird
DistortionWorldMan
Giazory
Akis1988
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Akis1988
Administration
Administration
Akis1988

TER Credits : 1253

English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed Empty
PostSubject: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Serebii.net recently reported new information about Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver a month before the games' official English-language release. The site revealed the English names of the player characters, Rocket Executives, and more.

The player characters' English names were revealed. Hibiki is now known as Ethan and Kotone as Lyra.

The Pokéthlon has been renamed Pokéathlon, a portmanteau of Pokémon and Triathlon. One of the Pokéathlon stats was renamed as well. The Technique stat is now known as the Skill stat. The Apricorn Shaker mixes Apricorns together to make performance-boosting Apricorn drinks called Aprijuice. In addition, the Pokéathlon Founder named Kobushi is now named Magnus.

Team Rocket Executives' English names were revealed, as well. Apollo is now known as Archer and Athena as Arianna. Lance has been renamed Proton, and Lambda is now named Petrel.

New items introduced in HeartGold and SoulSilver were also revealed. The Verdant Orb, the item that allows the player to encounter Rayquaza in the Hidden Tower, is now called the Jade Orb. The Tide Bell, which is used by the Kimono Girls to summon Lugia, is now called Tidal Bell. The Unown Notebook is now known as Unown Report and GB Player as GB Sound. The Mysterious Crystal has been renamed Enigma Stone and the Itemfinder is now named Dowsing MCHN in Generation IV. The Compe Ball, the Poké Ball used to catch wild Pokémon in the Bug-Catching Contest, is now known as Sport Ball. The Apricorn Case and the Berry Planter that allows the Apricorns and Berries to grow while traveling, are now called Apricorn Box and Berry Pots, respectively.

Two locations were also renamed. Sinjoh Ruins is the new name for Shinto Ruins, a combination of the Sinnoh and Johto. An area inside the ruins formerly known as the Triad Stage now called the Mystri Stage. The Hidden Tower in Route 47, where Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza rest is now known as the Embedded Tower.

The Game Corner has also been changed. Instead of the slot machines, a new mini-game is added called Voltorb Flip. Players have to flip tiles to get a variety of multipliers. However, Voltorb are placed randomly in each set. The number of Voltorb are shown in each row and column. The task is to get the multipliers and not hit any tiles that contain Voltorb, similar to the game Minesweeper. As the player progress without hitting the tiles with Voltorb, the levels get more difficult and more tiles with Voltorb appearing, but the number of coin multipliers increases. Players will have to start at the first level if they keep on hitting Voltorb. English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed 240px-HGSS_Rocket_Executives
Back to top Go down
https://pokemononlinestories.forumotion.com
Giazory
Magikarp
Magikarp
Giazory

TER Credits : 160

PostSubject: WTF   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:02 pm

lance is renamed PROTON thats just stupid love translators Sad
Back to top Go down
http://giazory.chatango.com/fpix?giazory
Giazory
Magikarp
Magikarp
Giazory

TER Credits : 160

PostSubject: ...   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:03 pm

i sayd d a m n not love......what is wrong with this crap?
Back to top Go down
http://giazory.chatango.com/fpix?giazory
DistortionWorldMan
Caterpie
Caterpie
DistortionWorldMan

TER Credits : 131

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:14 am

No need to be so angry...
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

TER Credits : 2913

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:26 am

agreed
Back to top Go down
Walshy97
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Walshy97

TER Credits : 270

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:13 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:06 am

nice i can't wait to get HG or mabye ill get SS but i think i'll get HG because way back when i got crsytal insted of gold so hmm...
Back to top Go down
hellfiredragon9
Pokemon Egg
Pokemon Egg
hellfiredragon9

TER Credits : 108

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:09 am

I've always hated the changing of the character names from Japanese to English, Hibiki and Kotone (with specific reference to Kotone) are fine as they are, the new names are terrible as usual (seriously, Lyra??) That's my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:03 pm

i dont think so i think they need english names if they didn't i probably wouldn't like pokemon too much
Back to top Go down
z_zman
Wartortle
Wartortle

TER Credits : 712

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:54 pm

i cant wait to get one but idk how much fun they will be so ill be kept in a huddled corner till i know kthnx Wink
Back to top Go down
Pteraclaw
Wartortle
Wartortle
Pteraclaw

TER Credits : 724

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:13 am

Giazory wrote:
lance is renamed PROTON thats just stupid love translators Sad
What?

As in Lance, the Dragon Master, has just been given a different name?
And at that, one that sucks?

Last edited by Shedskin on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dio From MK
Pokemon Egg
Pokemon Egg
Dio From MK

TER Credits : 68

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:17 pm

no not Lance the dragon master.
in HG/SS one of the Team rocket bosses is also Called lance, glad they changed that then, wouldn't want too many important characters with the name lance now would we?

interesting how they removed the mainstream gambling machines and put in a little minigame instead too
Back to top Go down
z_zman
Wartortle
Wartortle

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:33 pm

lol sounds like its more fun...
Back to top Go down
Pteraclaw
Wartortle
Wartortle
Pteraclaw

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Dio From MK wrote:
no not Lance the dragon master ...
Well.. That's good news. ^^
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:14 am

ok if that was lance renamed i would have been mad but u got to admit that proton is a cool name for the leader of team rocket!
Back to top Go down
Pteraclaw
Wartortle
Wartortle
Pteraclaw

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:36 pm

I suppose so.
Back to top Go down
z_zman
Wartortle
Wartortle

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:39 am

i got soul silver and cant wait to get it in March Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed   English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

English HeartGold, SoulSilver names revealed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Theemeraldrain :: Pokemon :: Pokemon News-
Jump to: