Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theemeraldrain

A Pokemon forum to test your skils, trade rare Pokemon and make new friends!Have fun!!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Pokemon of the week!
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament 461weavile Click here to view
Latest topics
» POTW: Weavile
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm by aryan aussie

» anyone have a lv 100 event arceus (trade shaymin )
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 am by piemelike

» The search for the Legends
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am by starfox418

» 14th movie dual Trailer
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 am by Nape4

» Trading Pokemon
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm by Luckyjack1

» Riolu Giveaway
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm by Luckyjack1

» The god pokemon Arceus
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:54 pm by Luckyjack1

» The hunt for The Sinnoh Legends
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 am by Luckyjack1

» pokemon with right natures and moves
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 am by Frrrlagator

» Forum moved
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am by TheCreator

» need a few pokemon
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am by Frrrlagator

» Spiritomb giveaway
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am by Frrrlagator

» LF: Jolly Female Scyther
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 am by Frrrlagator

» Pokemon Im trading
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am by Frrrlagator

Top posters
dedebird (1003)
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_vote_lcapIs Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_voting_barIs Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_vote_rcap 
iLiAs9 (801)
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_vote_lcapIs Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_voting_barIs Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_vote_rcap 
Fallen Destiny (616)
pokelover (574)
Akis1988 (425)
dexterarm (397)
pokemonmaster764 (394)
pdog1013 (390)
pikachu7 (335)
Azure (333)

Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament

Go down 
+6
Azure
DialaceStarvy
Pedobear!
clampearl99
Fallen Destiny
pdog1013
10 posters

Should Shoddy be allowed for the 4th tournament?
Yes
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_vote_lcap40%Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
No
Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_vote_lcap60%Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
pdog1013
Administration
Administration
pdog1013

TER Credits : 758

Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament Empty
PostSubject: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:47 pm

This is VERY important!!! Is shoddy going to be allowed for battles in the 4th tournament? This will require people to switch back and forth between their ds teams and their shoddy teams, however it will allow us to keep everyone involved. Some people refuse to use shoddy because they feel it takes away from the purpose of pokemon, and some people don't have DS's. So its up to the members here. Should we allow shoddy to be used in the 4th tournament

Last edited by pdog1013 on Tue May 25, 2010 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

TER Credits : 1900

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:17 pm

I, for one, say shoddy. Im one of those unlucky dudes who doesn't have a DS or WiFi, and wants to prove myself, through battling, so yeah...
Back to top Go down
clampearl99
Magikarp
Magikarp
clampearl99

TER Credits : 59

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:05 pm

The reason i voted for no caused i don't know where to find or download shoddy
if i did i would vote yes
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokemon-gts.net
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:13 pm

You can download it at www.shoddybattle.com

Now will you vote yes?
Back to top Go down
clampearl99
Magikarp
Magikarp
clampearl99

TER Credits : 59

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:31 pm

thx now i vote yes
bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokemon-gts.net
Pedobear!
Caterpie
Caterpie
Pedobear!

TER Credits : 318

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:56 pm

I also vote yes, there are also those who are absolutely SICK of their wifi team due to having such limited options. and cuz shoddy is awesome xD
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:16 am

clampearl99 wrote:
thx now i vote yes
bounce

Hey, you didn't change your vote from no to yes.
Back to top Go down
DialaceStarvy
Pokemon Egg
Pokemon Egg

TER Credits : 4

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:35 am

I vote yes coz Pokesav kkkkkk thnx
Back to top Go down
Azure
Administration
Administration
Azure

TER Credits : 1046

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:46 am

I'll vote yes because I have crappy Wi-Fi, teehee .__.

5-3 I believe?
Back to top Go down
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration
iLiAs9

TER Credits : 1807

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:50 am

different tourneys !
Back to top Go down
pdog1013
Administration
Administration
pdog1013

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:14 am

I personally vote no, just because I think it will be too hard to coordinate between the two methods, not because I have something against Shoddy
Back to top Go down
Pedobear!
Caterpie
Caterpie
Pedobear!

TER Credits : 318

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:27 am

if we follow what ilias says..its going to be the gayest thing ever. theres like 5 people here who use shoddy. 4 who are actually ACTIVE.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Administration
Administration
Azure

TER Credits : 1046

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:08 am

Exactly, so there's actually no point in setting up different tourneys.

Over that, being a trainer is actually about being able to battle under different circumstances, n'est ce pas?
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:47 pm

So man, no one wants separate tourneys. So, is shoddy in the mix or what? Its not like it lost by many votes..give us a chance.

EDIT: Someone voted for, and alex didn't change his vote, so shoddy is 8 to 7! Now can we have it?
Back to top Go down
pdog1013
Administration
Administration
pdog1013

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:59 pm

I'm sorry, but as far as I can tell the "No"s won out... I'll check back later and if it officially has the "Yes"s as ahead, then you will be allowed, but otherwise...
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Well, now it's 7:8. Also, you can ask alexclampearl if you want. He didn't change his vote from no to yes. So, if it were yes, it would be 8:7 for Shoddy. :/
Back to top Go down
Gyreid
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Gyreid

TER Credits : 253

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:31 am

just to clarify...im gonna fistly say that i have nothing against shoddy, but rather using shoddy and DS on the same tournament.

here's why i vote no...i shall quote:
Quote :
Hey Guys!!!

It's been waaaay too long since we've had a tournament, soooo break out your ds's, games, and pokemon apparel and get ready for the 4th tournament of The Emerald Rain!!! Since most people won't have special teams made this tournament will have standard rules and standard clauses. Its OU tiers and lower, so basically no ubers. Each round will be a best of 3 series of battles, basically, you have to defeat your opponent twice in order to advance. Prizes are still being discusses, but they will be there. However, the winner shall decide the type of the next tournament, whether it be typed, colored, UU, NU etc. We will try to get at least 12 people for the tournament, please register by responding to this post, 5 days after the 12th person signs up we will begin. Good Luck and have fun!!!

i personally see it syaing right there that it's heavily implied that DS's are to be used in this tournament.

FURTHERMORE it's my belief that seeing how many people joined with the intent on using shoddy, a seperate tournament shall be made for these participants so they may play.
Back to top Go down
Cabbage
Pokemon Egg
Pokemon Egg

TER Credits : 12

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:36 am

Please shoddy is just plain unfair for people who train their pokemon. It's great for people who don't have a ds or bad wi-fi but no one that has trained their pokemon want to fight others on shoddy. People that use the ds put time into their pokemon they shouldn't have to use shoddy to battle other people. keep them seprate.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Mist
Pokemon Egg
Pokemon Egg
Phoenix Mist

TER Credits : 27

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:27 am

I agree. For most players that spend time training their team Shoddy would seem out of the question. I'm not personally against it. I think its good for those who don't have a DS or Wi-Fi or just for trying out new ideas, but there should be separate tournaments just to make it easier to manage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament   Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Shoddy allowed for the 4th tournament
Page 1 of 1