Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Welcome to ThePokemon Online Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!
Theemeraldrain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theemeraldrain

A Pokemon forum to test your skils, trade rare Pokemon and make new friends!Have fun!!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Pokemon of the week!
Ds or Shoddy Battle? 461weavile Click here to view
Latest topics
» POTW: Weavile
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm by aryan aussie

» anyone have a lv 100 event arceus (trade shaymin )
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 am by piemelike

» The search for the Legends
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am by starfox418

» 14th movie dual Trailer
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 am by Nape4

» Trading Pokemon
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm by Luckyjack1

» Riolu Giveaway
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm by Luckyjack1

» The god pokemon Arceus
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:54 pm by Luckyjack1

» The hunt for The Sinnoh Legends
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 am by Luckyjack1

» pokemon with right natures and moves
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 am by Frrrlagator

» Forum moved
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am by TheCreator

» need a few pokemon
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am by Frrrlagator

» Spiritomb giveaway
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am by Frrrlagator

» LF: Jolly Female Scyther
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 am by Frrrlagator

» Pokemon Im trading
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am by Frrrlagator

Top posters
dedebird (1003)
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_vote_lcapDs or Shoddy Battle? I_voting_barDs or Shoddy Battle? I_vote_rcap 
iLiAs9 (801)
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_vote_lcapDs or Shoddy Battle? I_voting_barDs or Shoddy Battle? I_vote_rcap 
Fallen Destiny (616)
pokelover (574)
Akis1988 (425)
dexterarm (397)
pokemonmaster764 (394)
pdog1013 (390)
pikachu7 (335)
Azure (333)

Ds or Shoddy Battle?

Go down 
+5
Fallen Destiny
Variant
Skochko
iLiAs9
pokemonmaster764
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

do you agree that we should use different shoddy and Wi-Fi tournaments ?
yes
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_vote_lcap82%Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
no
Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_vote_lcap18%Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
pokemonmaster764
Moderators
Moderators
pokemonmaster764

TER Credits : 872

Ds or Shoddy Battle? Empty
PostSubject: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:35 pm

There seems to be an in pass with we type of battling is dominant in this forum and the tourneys are kinda unfair to the people with shoddy considering if they have crappy WI-FI or no Ds. so i suggest shoddy tourneys as well as ds WI-FI communication tourneys, therefore, i think (along with the tourneys) we should also have WI-FI gyms and E4. so, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration
iLiAs9

TER Credits : 1807

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:00 pm

yea it's a problem. i actually believe that only 2-3 members here have shoddy so i think that in this Forum the battles must be done by Wi-Fi and only. also members that use only shoddy aren't able to join the tourney. i say it because here in TER from now and on you will battle only if you have wi-fi.

But yes we can also create a shoddy tournament for those who use shoddy.

Tourneys would be a Fail if the participants use different battle ways, because shoddy- Here at TER - is very difficult for us, as i know. So the best idea is to create different tournaments for everyone to join, but the main TER's tourney will be done through wi-fi connection.

I'm on Wi-Fi Smile
Back to top Go down
Skochko
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Skochko

TER Credits : 397

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Yea, but, as Ilias said, i know only 5 people that use Shoddy (Me, Azure, Antari, Raikou and Variant)

Your problem is that you don't have many active members yet. Besides, you will never get Shoddy battlers here to stay until you start treating Shoddy as a real battle system, not as some kind of a cheating program for newbs. There are a bunch of people that actually use Shoddy only and are way stronger than your finest battlers.

I was unfortunate, since my WiFi stopped working like a year ago, so i'm forced to use Shoddy only. Certain people here call Shoddy users cheaters and hackers, so you will never get a Shoddy battler to actually stay active at this site (Though it is impossible to hack Shoddy, while DS is easily hacked via devices such as Action Replay).
Back to top Go down
http://www.monakuskarion.com/
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration
iLiAs9

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:21 pm

battle rules on shoddy are different from the DS's ones. in my opinion pokemon on shoddy are stronger than the ds's because you set your pokemon with whatever you want. yea i know its a way of hack at the DS -action replay- because you take whatever you want. but at shoddy you can do the same without action replay or something because you build your pokemon up with the stats you want you give the item you want you choose its nature (you cant choose a nature to your pokemon via action replay). as a result of it i thing that you can indirectly hack shoddy too. you may deny me, but i dont know how shoddy battlers battle at 100 %.
Back to top Go down
Skochko
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Skochko

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Yes, because you ARE wrong. You can choose a nature over Action Replay, same applies to PokeSav. You cannot play around with stats on Shoddy, because of the 510 EV limit, while that is unlimited on AR and PokeSav.
According to you, you will rather battle someone with a pokemon that has 999 in every stat on WiFi, thinking he has legit pokemon, than someone with 31IVs and legit EV number pokemon over Shoddy, since Shoddy users cheat.
This is, of course, a bad comparison, since not everyone hacks their pokemon, but it is still possible.

A bunch of people abuse PokeSav and AR, while they can be used to help you actually get fully legit pokemon. Most of the people don't know how to make a 100% legit pokemon in pokesav.

As you all have been saying, i get an impression that most of you train your pokemon properly, but that is rare these days.
Back to top Go down
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration
iLiAs9

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:03 pm

skoch i said before that pokemon in shoddy are stronger. when you had wi-fi and DS from where you could win more easily ?
Back to top Go down
Skochko
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Skochko

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:12 pm

ILIAS1 wrote:
skoch i said before that pokemon in shoddy are stronger. when you had wi-fi and DS from where you could win more easily ?
When my WiFi worked, i wasn't using Shoddy. For the last time, they are not stronger >.>
Its really the same.
Back to top Go down
pokemonmaster764
Moderators
Moderators
pokemonmaster764

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:32 am

yeah but shoddy just really takes the fun out of what pokemon should actually be
Back to top Go down
Variant
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Variant

TER Credits : 236

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:54 am

It takes the fun out of catching all of the Pokemon...?
Well, yeah, duh. Don't really see what the point of Pokemon is other that catching 'em all.
Back to top Go down
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration
iLiAs9

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:25 am

then you dont have the spirit of the game.
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

TER Credits : 1900

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:15 pm

No, ilias you don't like shoddy because you always lose 6-0. If you want to improve, shoddy is the thing for you. If you want to cry about not having the spirit and not become a better battler, then fine.
Back to top Go down
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration
iLiAs9

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:40 pm

yes i dont like shoddy because i just dont like it. i find it boring in a way.
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Well, to people who find it boring, they can put up with one (max 3) matches, can't they?

Matches don't take very very long..
Back to top Go down
Skochko
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Skochko

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:19 pm

Lol Raikou, just leave it alone. When someone doesn't want to use it, you cant force him/her.
Back to top Go down
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration
iLiAs9

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:03 pm

skoch...you play shoddy you like it better. if you play DS you think its better. if i hadnt DS i would play shoddy. skoch understand it... everybody says whatever is an advantage to him Smile.

not continue this thread.
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Sorry to continue, but your saying shoddy should be thrown out of the WiFI group, shouldn't it..
Back to top Go down
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration
iLiAs9

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:16 pm

THE only thing that i dont like is the idea of a mixed tournament !
Back to top Go down
pokemonmaster764
Moderators
Moderators
pokemonmaster764

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:24 am

Raikou wrote:
Sorry to continue, but your saying shoddy should be thrown out of the WiFI group, shouldn't it..
No, that's not what I'm saying. I am just trying to make sure that there's no contention between the two groups, and plus with a mixed tourney its kinda confusing, cause some people have no idea what shoddy is, and have no idea how to download it, and when they do download it, they have no idea how the system works.
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

TER Credits : 2913

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:24 pm

sigh T_T ok listen ppls i don't like shoddy but not cause u can set stats and wat ever i really don't care but i just don't like the way shoddy is set up ok and i am very lucky to have a ds lots of pokemon games and awsome wifi so why not use it ok and i luv wifi cause u can use vc and u can play mini games and stuff ok now when i say i don't like the way shoddy is set up i don't mean the way u get ur pokemon i mean the way u battle its just dumb to me i tried putting my winning team on shoddy and i lost i didn't get it wat would normally kill my opponets didn't make a scratch on it and i couldn't tell wat waz going on so when my pokemon died i couldn't even tell so i don't like shoddy ok but there is nothing wrong with it cheating wise they don't cheat on shoddy ok now u guys r saying that shoddy takes the fun out of pokemon right well shoddy is used for pokemon battling only nothing else thats wat its made for if u want a game that u can catch pokemon and stuff look for another game somewhere else but shoddy is for battling thats that
Back to top Go down
Fallen Destiny
Administration
Administration
Fallen Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Right. Excatly. So, if people like dede have good WiFi and use it, then they can, but they could only use shoddy to face unfortunate people like me! Well, i can't do much arguing alone. I so wanted to take part in the tourney and prove myself.
Back to top Go down
Gyreid
Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur
Gyreid

TER Credits : 253

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:41 pm

guys, here's my complete and total honest opinion:

I like both way of battling. Many people tend to go for one than the other.

I personally use shoddy for testing beforehand, but thats just me.

Point is, both ways of battling handle different mechanics, and having them in the same tournament isnt fair. For example, IVs on shoddy are typically all 31, and you have access to all pokemon and moves. DS, you're limited, allowing a little more time consumption for your team, and overall skill.

ALSO consider that Rotom forms cannot be used online via DS, but CAN be via shoddy.

ultimately, I believe that two different mechanics in one tournament is uneven and unfair. Having that same tournament in two different brackets is fine.

EX: 4th Tournament DS and 4th Tournament Shoddy.

That's one way around it, however you can simply just be like, for example:

4th tournament DS
5th Tournament Shoddy

FYI: Not everyone can shoddy just the same as not everyone can DS. DS requires a system, a game, and a lot of time for training. I understand people don't have all this, namely the time factor. Also consider that not everyone can use shoddy on account of their computer and their free space on their harddrive. Their internet connection, etc.
Back to top Go down
iLiAs9
Administration
Administration
iLiAs9

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:13 am

Gyreid wrote:
guys, here's my complete and total honest opinion:

I like both way of battling. Many people tend to go for one than the other.

I personally use shoddy for testing beforehand, but thats just me.

Point is, both ways of battling handle different mechanics, and having them in the same tournament isnt fair. For example, IVs on shoddy are typically all 31, and you have access to all pokemon and moves. DS, you're limited, allowing a little more time consumption for your team, and overall skill.

ALSO consider that Rotom forms cannot be used online via DS, but CAN be via shoddy.

ultimately, I believe that two different mechanics in one tournament is uneven and unfair. Having that same tournament in two different brackets is fine.

EX: 4th Tournament DS and 4th Tournament Shoddy.

That's one way around it, however you can simply just be like, for example:

4th tournament DS
5th Tournament Shoddy

FYI: Not everyone can shoddy just the same as not everyone can DS. DS requires a system, a game, and a lot of time for training. I understand people don't have all this, namely the time factor. Also consider that not everyone can use shoddy on account of their computer and their free space on their harddrive. Their internet connection, etc.

i again say that its the best way yo solve these problems.
Back to top Go down
pokemonmaster764
Moderators
Moderators
pokemonmaster764

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:32 am

or maybe just a have a shoddy tourney and a wifi tourney at the same time just separated.
Back to top Go down
Pedobear!
Caterpie
Caterpie
Pedobear!

TER Credits : 318

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:00 am

again, thats really gay. thered be like..4 people
Back to top Go down
dedebird
Empoleon
Empoleon
dedebird

TER Credits : 2913

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:48 am

ok then ppl who use shoddy and u can have friends on shoddy (i think i know theres a chat room) tell ppl about ter invite them here u know n.n then we can have more shoddy ppls yaaay prob solved xD gl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ds or Shoddy Battle?   Ds or Shoddy Battle? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ds or Shoddy Battle?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next